- Unigum celebrates its 70th birthday
- 500 years from Leonardo da Vinci’s death
- Unigum incorporates Agrindustria, that now becomes its branch office for Rome and central/south Italy/
- China celebrates the Year of the Rooster
- Unigum incorporates NES Italia S.r.l. in Calenzano
- Felix Baumgartner jumped from a helium balloon, 39,045 m high in the stratosphere, and becomes the first man to exceed the speed of sound.
- Unigum acquires MG S.r.l. in Modena
- Steve Jobs presents the iPhone, the first touch phone in history.
- Unigum S.r.l. becomes Unigum S.p.A.
- The European Huygens probe arrives on Titan, Saturn's largest moon, after a 7-year journey.
- Unigum turns 50.
- Benigni wins at the Oscars with La Vita è Bella.
- Agrindustria S.r.l., a company controlled by Unigum, is founded in Ciampino (RM).
- The Akashi Kaikyō Bridge, the longest suspension bridge in the world, is inaugurated in Japan.
- Casa dalla Gomma becomes UNIGUM S.r.l.
- IBM launches the Convertible PC, the first laptop computer.
- Opening of the Calenzano warehouse purchased the previous year.
- Grease opens in American theatres.
- The second sales location opens in Florence in Via Doni 38/R.
- English scientists Watson, Crick, and Wilkins win the Nobel Prize for Medicine for their discovery of the structure of DNA.
- Casa della Gomma, a shop specializing in retail sales of technical industrial items and plastics opens in Florence in Via Condotta 56/R.
- Columbia Records introduces the 45 record in the United States.